Speaking on knowing when and when not to give up, I came across the fact that with those options , me, you, and we all come to having to face rejection. don’t we all know that sometimes this is very far from being easy to do. It was a sparkle of light that shimmered across my face and I began to jot down notes on exactly how rejection has made me feel in my past , present, and how it could (if I give it the power to) make me feel in the future.
How do you feel when you have been rejected?
I wrote at the top of my paper inside of my #FindingMe notebook (soon will be available for purchase).
- Let down
- Less than
- It was All for NOTHING
Your confidence & belief in self (sometimes others as well) drastically dissipates. You lose interest in yourself, others, and your goals. Eventually your goals begin to change in different directions that involve different people and things.
Guarded, untrusting of self and others, becoming more nonchalant.
- Everything and everyone is not meant for you.
- Rejection is a form of failure. You may not have won the battle the way you would have liked to, but you won…. Pay attention to your marks.
- You very well may be worth more than the person who rejected you and the thing that wasn’t beneficial for you.
- Just like any other negative or positive, it is only as good or as bad as YOU make it.
- Forgive yourself
- Trust yourself to do your best again . Acknowledge and accept that no matter what you are not able to control people or things. Some rejection is good rejection(hence pay attention to your marks). You will either learn to believe in yourself or you will continue to be swiss cheese filling voids with people and things not meant for you. Those who want to control you and materialize you.
- Start Again!!!! Not with the same person/thing (unless there’s a winning chance, fool me once shame on you. Fool me two times shame on me! Fool me three times shame on both of us).
- Where did you grow through all of this?
With rejection you have control it and not let it control you. Rejection can cause damage in so many forms and fashions. What matters most is that you not only bounce back but you become wise in your learning and growing.Learn what needed to be learned, do NOT do that again, and grow from there.
You have The Key When one door closes another one opens you have the power to choose how these doors operate….
Prelude to a Parting
By: Maya Angelou
Beside you, prone,
my naked skin finds
fault in touching .
Yet it is you
who draws away.
The tacit fact is,
the awful fear of losing
is not enough to cause a fleeing love